Timeless classics with a Latino touch
Inspired from the personal story of its founder, the ethical knitwear brand Graciela Huam is rooted in both the Dutch and Peruvian cultures. Each item is a harmonious blend of modern design and expert craftsmanship and shines a new light on the traditional Peruvian knitwear production techniques. By only using locally-sourced materials such as Peruvian Alpaca or Pima Cotton, Graciela Huam’s vibrant knitwear is of uncompromising quality and can be loved for many years.
- All materials are sourced and produced in Peru to minimize carbon emissions from transportation.
- Usage of handmade rather than industrial production techniques, to further reduce the carbon emissions
- High quality pieces, that can be worn for a long time and thus reducing their environmental impact
- Partnerships with local artisans and entrepreneurs to benefit the Peruvian economic and social development.
- Support of the women working as knitting artisans.
- Participation in fair trade and application of those principles with all suppliers.
- Support of the local heritage and encouragement of traditional production techniques.