Swim in style. With modern retro style swimwear.
Born during an 18 month long stay in Honolulu and raised in Berlin, the label 1979 produces a line of elegantly understated women`s swimwear. Inspired by the beach attire of the 1940s and 50s, the line focuses on the essence of timelessness and classics. However they are a modern version with reduced, clean shapes and excellence in quality and workmanship.
The collection features a line of continuous classics that is available all year round and introduces only a few new styles once a year. The shape and fit of the classic styles are refined every season, considering performance, subtly changing body types and proportions within the technical development.
All products are sustainably manufactured by a polish manufactory 3 hours from Berlin and the swimwear is sewn in six different sizes up to size 44 with size 46 and 48 being in the making.
- All fabrics are Oekotex Standard 100 certified
- Only notions from within the EU are selected for the collection
- Slow fashion: only small editions, classic styles can be ordered all year
- The manufacturer is located 3 hours outside of Berlin to ensure a close collaboration
- A responsible and transparent production